Fairies in the Field

Fairies in the Field
Kathryn and Olivia playing in the field dressed as fairies. This is one of my very favorite pictures from last summer.

Monday, March 7, 2011

My but it has been a long time!

Goodness it has been way too long since I've stopped in here, and for that I apologize. We don't have a lot of followers, but for you, Dad, I'm going to try to keep us a bit more up to date. And for all the rest of you- welcome! Please look around and I hope you enjoy our journeys as much as we do.

So, what have we been up to for the last, er, eight months? Quite a bit! Jon came home in October from his adventures in the Arctic. It was a wonderful homecoming and one that we had all been patiently waiting for for way too long. Since he's been home we've been working on the barn nearly non-stop and I'm happy to report- it is done! I'll post some pictures in my next entry- honest! Sadly, the longer he is home, the closer it gets to when he has to leave again, so we just concentrate on having as much fun as possible.

I'm still (and forever more) in school. But, it is my last "big" semester, as far as class load goes. Summer semester I will have my last class and then in the fall I will start my dissertation work- which of course I have already started, but it's when I'll really get to work "officially." I'm still searching for a job, but I'm hoping that I'll have something positive to report in that department pretty soon. Stay tuned!

David is away right now at outdoor school, what he affectionately calls ODS. It's a week away in the woods up in the Cascades of Washington. There is tons of snow on the ground and I'm sure he is having so much fun. He's been swimming like a mad man with the Killer Whales Swim Club and is starting baseball season again in the coming weeks. He's still playing the tuba and is just doing wonderfully in school. He's still into 4H and has moved his pygmy goat herd home to Rainier, finally.

Kathryn is in kindergarten! I can not believe what a big girl she has become. She's playing softball and is very excited about moving up to pitching machine a bit earlier than planned. She's in swim lessons now and is just dying to be old enough to get on swim team with David. She is still a complete mad woman about her dolls and added a beautiful new friend, Josephina, at Christmas this year.

Okay, so that's the very brief sketch of what's been going on. I'll try to keep you up to date. Enjoy the pictures- I think those are the biggest hit.

-Elaine

No comments: