Fairies in the Field

Fairies in the Field
Kathryn and Olivia playing in the field dressed as fairies. This is one of my very favorite pictures from last summer.

Friday, March 25, 2011

In Loving Memory of My Most Dedicated Reader


My Dad. The amazing, funny, inspiring, sweet, loving, gentle, kind hearted, adventurous man who taught me to love the outdoors, to appreciate a bad joke, to be kind, and to laugh often...slipped away from me today. One minute he was working, the next he was gone. As dear David said through his tears, "I pray he had an easy trip straight to heaven." I'm sure he did.

There is no part of me that was prepared for this. No part of me that was ready to hear the words that I begged my sister to tell me again. No part of me that can even begin to believe that he is no longer here, that I'll never get to talk to him. He just emailed me this morning. I miss him already.

I wish a million times over that I could tell each of you, everyone who stumbles blindly into this post, what my dad was like. There just aren't enough words. He was everything.

I am heartbroken.

I am sad.

And I will miss him from now until forever.

I love you Daddy.

-Lainy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I assure you he is still reading from heaven and so proud of all you have accomplished and the amazing woman, mother, friend, mentor and daughter you are. He is going to show you in so many ways that he is still there, in rainbows, drops of rain, brilliantly sunny days, the smiles on Kat and David and the laughter of your own voice when you recollect a funny childhood memory. He will always be with you my friend.

Love you.

Huston Family said...

Elaine, I am so sorry for you're loss. My heart breaks for you. My thoughts & prayers are with you and you're family. Much love friend.

Julez said...

Elaine you have my most heartfelt condolences. Your Dad sounds like a fantastic person and he raised an incredible, smart, loving, compassionate, adventurous and true daughter. I feel like I know him somewhat because of you and what a kind person you are. Many thoughts and love to you and your whole family. Gentle hugs.

Leese Shines said...

Much Much Love to you Lainy. He does sound like a very wonderful person who offered A lot to this world. After all he helped give you life.
And your one amazing woman.
Now you can pass out what he taught you and keep the chain going.
God Bless You.

Lisa
aka
Leese