So, this morning, Jon called me this morning to tell me that he passed his test and that he was getting ready to go take his practical. I have to admit I had no idea there was a practical involved...so I had to ask. It seems that they put eight guys into a life boat; give 6 of them oars, one is the coxswain (hence the title of the post), and I'm assuming that the other one is on the tiller but don't quote me on that. So, the practical grades the coxswains ability on being able to guide his oarsmen through different tasks like being able to get away from the dock, pick up a man over board and the such. It sounded pretty interesting, but to be honest it sounded like something that I couldn't imagine anybody getting tested on! Who knew?
I'm sure that by the last time I talked to him tonight he was really tired of me singing/saying in my best Billy Squire voice "stoke, stroke". And of course I had to ask if they gave him a drum to beat on. It's a good thing he puts up with me!
Regardless of the kind of surprising practical exam- which he passed with flying colors by the way- Congratulations Jon! I'm proud of you.
Stroke!
No comments:
Post a Comment