Okay, so I've wrapped up the semester. (Insert serious happy dance here). True to form, my advisor, whom I have one class for, has managed to not grade anything all semester- so other than his class, I know I've done quite well. It was such a challenging semester and I'm thrilled that I'll never have to take four classes at the same time again- two semesters in a row was enough for me! Just one more elective and a dissertation and I'm DONE! I'm hoping to spend about 5 hours a week over the summer working on my dissertation. That should give me a good running start when I head into the fall, so hopefully I'll be ready to defend by March or April. Keep your fingers crossed!
This was my first week back to work. So far I really like it. It's a completely different setting than what I'm used to in the local government realm- no professional management. So, there is only one layer between me and the county commissioners. Which, it seems, can be a blessing and a curse. It will take me a while to get used to it, but I think it's going to be a fantastic experience. I feel very welcomed and like a lot of people are very excited that I'm "on board."
It's also the first week of having our full-time nanny, Ruth. She is an absolute blessing! Kathryn adores her, and they do lots of fun stuff together. I love that I don't have to freak about the kids and how they are being cared for. And I can not even tell you how wonderful it is to come home to a clean house; laundry done and folded, dishes done, kitchen and bathrooms nice a clean, even Kathryn's room is clean! Even Ruth can't manage to get David to clean his room, though, so it's still a war zone. I need to find a lawn guy/company to deal with the mowing and weed whacking, then I'll be set to get through the summer.
Kids are doing well. Busy, busy, busy. We've had baseball AND softball every danged night this week. Tomorrow night is more baseball and a game on Saturday morning. I worked the concession stand last night and I'm in there again on Saturday morning- I seriously will be happy when the seasons are over! Kathryn is really doing well in softball and is continuing to live up to her hard-charger character. David is not enjoying the season as much as he has in the past, but it's his last year for little league, so I'm hoping that he can find some redeeming qualities in the season. He just wants to get back in the pool...and frankly, I can't wait till he's back in the pool so I can quit hearing him tell me how bad he wants back in the pool!
Jon is underway, again. Just a "quick" few weeks to head south to the Bay Area for a change of command. I'll meet him in Seattle on Saturday for our first night alone without kids since before Kathryn was born! I know! Crazy, huh?! It's been seven years since we had a night alone together without children. Our good friend, Tiffiny, is taking the kids for the night. Kathryn is super excited to go spend the night with Miss Tiffiny and has already packed her bags!
Okay, I've gotta get some sleep!
Peace-
Elaine
No comments:
Post a Comment