Fairies in the Field

Fairies in the Field
Kathryn and Olivia playing in the field dressed as fairies. This is one of my very favorite pictures from last summer.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I feel a wordy post coming on...so I'll share some pictures first!


Okay, so I've struggled with my blogging the last few weeks. My head has matched my heart and I'm quite certain that the vast majority of readers would grow quickly tired of my persistently melancholy offerings. So, I figured I would share a few pictures and then very briefly catch you up on the current situation at Casa del Placido. Which, by the way is now to be formally known as Apiary Hills Farm. Swanky, huh? (Just nod and say yes)

Let's call this first picture- My rain stick is bigger than yours!

This is from Kathryn's music program, the first grade class used this seriously giant rain stick! I was totally amazed. It took three little boys to move the thing around.

Also, from Kathryn's music program...the Kathryn herself! She did NOT want to do this program. She is super sensitive to loud noise, and was a bit freaked out by the mere idea of all those people and all that singing. But, like any good mom, I bribed her and she went! And she did wonderfully! And she didn't even mind the volume. I was really proud of her.


Okay, I love this picture. This is actually fairly old, it's from a swim meet in February. David was trying to get himself psyched up to go swim a 200 IM (that's 50 yards of each stroke - an individual medley). We laughed so hard when I showed him the camera after getting this shot.
Oh! And it's not a tattoo on his arm, he writes this big table on his arm that has the event number, heat number and lane number for each race.

This next one is from a hike we took down on the Banks-Vernonia Trail, the first rails to trails trail finished in Oregon (not recently, it's been around for a long time). It's a beautiful trail, mostly paved so bikes can use it and lots of spectacular scenery including twenty-one train trestles. Anyway, we headed down there with the kids and their scooters, and then went into Vernonia for lunch at our favorite Greek restaurant- yes there is an incredible Greek restaurant in Vernonia, who would'a thunk it?!


-----

And now for a brief update on me: I'm doing okay. I won't lie I'm not 100%, I'm not dealing with stress well and I'm very impatient, maybe a bit crankier and touchier than usual. But, I am beginning to feel like myself. I still can't believe Dad is gone. But, I know that he would be sad knowing how sad we all are. We also have lots of other stuff going on; Jon getting ready to deploy for 7+ months, I'm getting ready to start a new job, lots of little stuff and lots of really jam packed schedules. So, I think I'm okay, but I am tired and I am ready for some quiet time. Like that will happen anytime soon!

I will say one more time how much I truly appreciate the support of all my dear friends. Without you guys I just don't know how I would have gotten through all this.

Peace-
Lainy


No comments: