The last week has been crazy fun! We drove up to Oregon and spent the night with Dave and Tracy in Roseburg, then into Portland for a whopping 45 minute stop, then out to the coast to spend two nights with Theresa and family, then a too-quick stop in Depoe Bay for the morning and then a LONG drive home. I have tons of great pictures and lots of stories. But, I'll try to keep my self-control!
First, I just have to say that it is so wonderful for both Jon and I whenever we go back to Depoe Bay. We were only there for 2 years but the people there just really opened their hearts to us. We've been gone longer then we lived there, but when we pull in there are still hugs and smiles a plenty. And there is that feeling of "going home". It is just such a special place to us, and even though the setting is beautiful and the scenery is first-rate- it's all about the people. Extra special thoughts for our good friend, Dorinda; prayers for you and your family as you grieve the loss of your mother, and on a much happier note...you look wonderful!
Okay, mushy stuff out of the way....let's get down to business! Pictures!
The picture at the top of the post is of Kathryn happily dragging her piggies in the warm soil of Dave and Tracy's new grape plantings. They've got all kinds of grapes; pinots and cabs and such. I hope they grow well and we get some really good Placido wine!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you guys got away! Kathryn is so stinking cute - you can see the life in her eyes! Great pics. <3
Post a Comment