It was so hard to leave this morning. It is my home and I'm so very happy there! It seems like each time we go it gets harder for all of us to leave. We'll be headed back for Christmas and it is going to be so special to spend our first Christmas morning in our new home. I just really can't wait.
But, let's not forget about Thanksgiving! We had a great dinner with Grandma Mary and a few family members- including our beautiful niece, Maya, who flew up from Santa Barbara. (We swapped kids for a night and sent David to Grandma's a day early, and kept Maya for a night. Definitely one of the highlights of the holiday!)
I think that even though it is a late thought...it's a very genuine one, I want to remind my friends how much you mean to me. You all inspire me and keep me sane, and most of all when it feels like I'm really missing being close to a big happy family, you welcome me with open arms. Even if I couldn't be with you for the holidays, or heck even if I haven't seen you in years (you know who you are!), I love each of you and thank you for your presence in my, and my families, life.
Happy Thanksgiving (a little late).
1 comment:
Aw! I loved getting to spend some quality time with you guys away from the Turkey Day madness... it was definitely one of my highlights also!!
Post a Comment