Fairies in the Field

Fairies in the Field
Kathryn and Olivia playing in the field dressed as fairies. This is one of my very favorite pictures from last summer.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009! Boo! or should I say "BZZZZZZZZ"?!



Happy first day of November to everyone! I hope you all had a really fun Halloween. We had a fun week, let's face it Halloween lasts forever when you have kids; there are the parties and the treats and the costumes and the whole trick-or-treating bit...it's not just a day, it's a whole season!

This is the first year that I haven't made any part of David's costume, so that was kind of a sad moment for me when I realized that. But, he wore the cloak that I made for him last year and added a store-bought gory mask to transform into a grim reaper....sadly I have no pictures of him, he was elusive yesterday and today he is sick...so you'll have to wait for the scary views of our little reaper. But, I've got a funny David/Halloween story to share: he trick-or-treats with his friends Gabe and Ethan, it's kind of become a tradition as he's done it the last three years, well this year the three boys came to the door and Gabe and Ethan are looking their goulish best, but David is just looking like my handsome man in a big grey cloak. So, of course, I asked why he wasn't wearing his mask and he complains that he can't see through it, it's too dark and it's making his glasses fog up. So, I said something about understanding and I wish them luck on the rest of their trip through the neighborhood. As they are heading out of the yard, Ethan turns around and says, "You know Mrs. Placido, my mask makes everything too dark too, but you don't hear me belly-aching about it." I about died. I can only imagine the grief those three give each other! But, mask or not, he filled half a pillow case (he's totally not into carrying the cute little pumpkin treat bag he's carried since he was a tot :( ) So, his candy buy-back netted him $25 bucks! Not bad for a nights work.

Okay, so Kathryn, the one who still like's mom's costumes! She was a bumble bee and boy was she cute! I got off easy this year because I was able to purchase tights and shirt from Lands End and just had to make the skirt. The wings and antennae came from a "Naughty Bumble Bee" costume I picked up at a grown-ups halloween shop! But, they are just plain old wings and antennae so they worked great! And I turned over the black thigh highs and clingy striped dress to a guy I work with who is a cross dressing nun (for charity of course!)

So, here is my little bumble bee! Look out she's a real honey! (Sorry, all my cerebral energy goes into my school work, so my puns are a bit lame.)



1 comment:

Lisa F said...

Love her costume - she is adorable!