But, the call confirmed his worse fears; the spellers are healthy and he's still the alternate. His participation in the bee will be relegated to cheering. He sounded so bummed out and I feel horrible for him.
It is tough when you don't do as well as you had hoped.
Love you, David, and I'm so proud of you!
Follow up:
We just returned form the Spelling Bee and it was really cool I'm very glad I went! The kids all did a great job, they should be proud! The alternates all got certificates and a round of applause, so David still got to have his moment in the spot light- it was nice! BUT, a word of advice for anyone considering attending a spelling bee in the future; if you take your 4-year old daughter, and you've taken a movie for her to watch, don't take a Barbie movie that has any sort of physical contact between Barbie and the Prince....Kathryn (with earplugs on) yells, "Ew gross! They are kissing!" Of course it was mortifying and everyone in the entire (extremely quiet) gym turned to look at us.
1 comment:
HAHAAHAHAH!!!!!
that is TOO funny!!! I work with kinder and first grade and when we watch movies they always ask me if im going to kiss my husband at the wedding!!!!
i wouldve spelled audible incorrectly in element. school too!!! my misspelled word during my spelling be "dwarf" :(
Im glad they gave him a chance to shine, he sounds like such a hard working sweet kid!!! better luck next year :)
Post a Comment