Fairies in the Field

Fairies in the Field
Kathryn and Olivia playing in the field dressed as fairies. This is one of my very favorite pictures from last summer.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Time is flying

Just a few weeks ago I said goodbye to my job here in Eureka. Now I'm concentrating on THE move and keeping it all together. In just a few more weeks we'll leave Eureka for good and settle full-time in Rainier. I wonder how much I'll cry when that day comes? There is just so much going on in our little family right now, I occasionally feel like a cross between a mad scientist and a magnet....I can make all kinds of crazy things happen and still keep us stuck together.

But, this move feels like it's trying to break me. I'm so excited about our forever home, but I wonder what forever will feel like? Will I want to move again in two or three years? What will we do without Jon for six months? He'll miss the fair and the first day of school. Will he have good email on the ship? Will I keep everyone happy or will we all fall apart without his stern reassurance to keep us together?

I have a vision of what life will be like in the coming months and years. I know it won't always be easy. But, it will be the life that we chose and someday there will be no more boats and underway schedules. Then all of this will be worth it.


3 comments:

Theresa said...

Reminds me of the old soap operas (insert organ chord) - "Will Elaine be able keep her family together?" "Will Jon figure out how to load the van?" "Will David share his seat in the van with a goat?" Will Kathryn EVER lose that tooth?" All this and more tomorrow on, "As Elaine Spins"! Love ya!

Lainy said...

I can assure you that Jon will NEVER learn how to load the van. ;)

Maya said...

Wish school wasn't so hectic... I'd come up and help entertain David & Kathryn/keep you company. Hopefully someday soon.