Fairies in the Field

Fairies in the Field
Kathryn and Olivia playing in the field dressed as fairies. This is one of my very favorite pictures from last summer.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

A new and painful experience for my David

David's best friend Matt is moving to Kodiak tomorrow morning and he has to say good-bye. He is absolutely heart broken and cried himself to sleep tonight. I just feel horrible for him. You would think that with moving 5 times since he was born that he would be used to it by now, but he's always been the one leaving. And somehow that makes it a bit easier...trust me it's different to leave then it is to be the one left behind.

So, for my David...I love you buddy! You're the bestest boy ever and I know it hurts, but he's your friend and he'll be your friend.

It's tough being the mommy in a situation like this, I want to make all of his hurt go away.

2 comments:

Amber said...

It is completely different to be the one leaving. Being left behind STINKS! Sorry, David. I know it's rough right now, but your Mom's right...you guys will still be friends.

(((hugs))) to ya, Mama

Huston Family said...

Awww Poor David! I am so sorry to hear that he is hurting. I Know when you guys left Depoe, McKayla cried and cried for David! She still talks about him!! I hope the situation will get easier for him! Tell him we are thinking about him!!