The search continues and continues and continues and....you get the general idea, right? Yesterday I interviewed for at least the tenth time since Christmas. I've now applied for over 40 jobs here. And yet, the search continues.
Last weeks interview just "felt" right, but alas, they didn't feel the spark and went with another candidate. And then there was the interview that really wasn't; the interviewer was much more interested in Jon's exciting job and in talking about his experience growing up a military brat then in conducting an interview; of course, since they had already made the hiring decision and were going to appoint the temp who had been in the job for 6 months, conducting an interview would have been silly, right? Sheesh.
But, being the horrible optimist that I am, I have to believe that yesterday's interview went well and that there is still hope that they may want to work with me. I hope.
This has been a horribly demoralizing chapter in my life. I've got a great resume and a great education. I'm a positive person- honest. I'd be a great asset to their organization. If they would just hire me! Please!
Okay, that concludes my whining for today. Thanks to all who follow us and listen to my ranting.
A quick update: It's been quite the day! This morning I was called for another interview with a different department, same administrative analyst job, and then this afternoon I got notice of my interview date and time for the legislative analyst job that I have been waiting and waiting to hear about. I don't want to jinx anything...but one of those jobs is pretty much my dream job! So, keep your fingers crossed. And you know I'll keep you posted ;)
4 comments:
Fingers absolutely crossed, friend.
Fingers and toes crossed!
Crossing all crossables for you!!!
Becca
Got everything crossed for you!
Post a Comment